Alyssa joins Langdon & Emison from the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, where she was an active member of the mock trial team that competed for moot court national championships. She also served as president of the Association for Women Law student chapter there.
As an associate attorney, Alyssa works on the firm’s mass torts team, representing consumers nationwide who’ve been harmed by dangerous drugs and medical devices. Alyssa has drafted petitions, discovery, responses to discovery, and researched issues and case law relating to current and prospective cases. She is passionate about serving those who due to no fault of their own find themselves in a precarious position.
At UMKC Alyssa was also active with the Student Bar Association and was the chair of its Barristers Ball. She was a member of the Roo Crew and the Mental Health Week Committee. She earned her undergraduate degree from Graceland University in Iowa.
Alyssa is active in her community. She has served as a judge for the Missouri State High School Mock Trial Competitions since 2018, and she has judged local speech and debate tournaments since 2016. Alyssa has helped the planning and logistics of the Moonlight Movies series on the Independence Square.
University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law Kansas City, MO, Juris Doctor May 2021
- Ranked first seed after preliminary rounds of the Last 1L Standing Mock Trial Competition and invited to join the UMKC Board of Barristers Mock Trial Team
- Deans List
- Order of Barristers Award Recipient
- Association for Women Law Students – President, Treasurer
- Phi Alpha Delta – Vice Justice, Clerk
- Student Bar Association – Class Representative, Barristers Ball Chair
Graceland University Lamoni, IA Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration and Criminal Justice, magna cum laude April 2018
- Dance Team – Captain
- Student Ambassador – Supervisor
- Enactus – Presentation Team, Project Team Leader of the Foundations Team and the Aeroponics Team
- House Council
- TRiO and General Tutor
- Honors Program