Recognized as one of the top lawyers in the country dedicated to trucking accident litigation, David has earned a nationwide reputation in that niche of plaintiff’s litigation.
His practice also includes the successful representation of Langdon & Emison clients in cases involving automobile fires, defective automobile design and other types of products. In 2016, David was promoted to partner, having made significant contributions to the firm’s success since joining in 2009.
Video: Langdon & Emison Attorney David Brose
As a former partner in a civil litigation defense firm, David defended various Fortune 500 companies in both personal injury and commercial litigation, with an emphasis on product liability and trucking cases. He now puts his understanding of defense tactics and strategies to work on behalf of victims across the country who have been seriously injured or killed by a wide variety of dangerous products and instrumentalities.
David has been honored by Best Lawyers in America, Missouri/Kansas Super Lawyers and by the National Trial Lawyers. He is a proud graduate of the University of Missouri-Columbia where he earned his juris doctor and a master’s degree in business administration. While in law school, David served as a member of the Missouri Environmental Law and Policy Review and received the C.A.L.I. Award for work in Corporate Taxation.
David is an active member of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association and the American Association for Justice. When away from the office, he enjoys spending time with his wife, Amy Brose, M.D., a family practice physician in the Kansas City area, and their daughters, Ava and Anna.
- J.D., University of Missouri Columbia School of Law
- M.B.A., University of Missouri
- B.S., University of Missouri-Columbia School of Business
- State Courts of Missouri
- Kansas State Courts
- United States District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri
- United States District Court for the District of Kansas
- American Association for Justice
- Attorneys Information Exchange Group
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kappa Alpha Order
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Missouri Bar Association
- Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court
- 5 Theories to Explore in Your Trucking Case, AIEG Voice, Spring 2022. (With Mark Emison)
- Hours of Service Changes Tucked Into Spending Bill: Trucking Litigation Tips During Regulatory Change, The Missouri Trial Attorney, Summer 2015.
- “Defective Guardrails on Our Nation’s Roads,” AIEGVoice, December 2014.
- Asleep at the Wheel: Truck Driver Fatigue, AIEG Voice, Fall 2013.
- Driver fatigue: Analysis from accident litigation involving trucks and heavy vehicles, Thomson Reuters and Westlaw Journal: Automotive, October 8, 2013.
- Worker’s Compensation: Determining When it is Truly the Exclusive Remedy, Employee Benefit Plan Review, April 2011.
- Ending the Arranger Debate: Integrating Conflicting Interpretations of a Uniform Approach, 10 MOELPR 76.
- Interpreting the Criminal Sentencing Provisions of the Clean Water Act: Lessening the Cost of Constitutional Rights, 10 MOELPR 47.