At Langdon & Emison, a history of successfully handling various types of car accident cases makes us the ideal firm to partner with in your pursuit of justice.
We promise to provide every car accident victim with compassion, individualized legal counseling, and a firm dedication to seeking maximum recovery for your losses.
Justice for St. Louis Car Accident Victims
After a car accident, you likely will face a growing mountain of medical bills, pain from your injuries, and missed time at work or school. Langdon & Emison has the experience and determination needed to seek justice on your behalf through damages. Damages can cover the losses you’ve suffered as a result of the crash.
When someone else’s negligence or careless behavior causes a wreck, they need to be held accountable for their actions. Unfortunately, all too often, victims of car accidents receive settlement offers from the negligent party’s insurance company. However, these offers rarely cover the full scope of the losses the victim has incurred.
Langdon & Emison can represent you and protect you from insurance companies that only have their bottom line in mind. As our client, we promise to seek justice for you and prioritize your needs, always.
Common Car Accident Injuries
After a car accident, no matter the severity of the crash, be sure to seek out medical attention.
Even seemingly minor car accidents can cause extensive injuries that require medical treatment.
Common car accident injuries include:
- Scrapes, bruises, and cuts
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head trauma
- Skull fractures
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Back injuries
- Broken ribs
- Broken arms or legs
- Knee injuries
- Soft tissue injuries
Car accidents can cause all of these injuries and more. On top of the cost to your physical health, there is also a toll on your mental and financial wellbeing. If you’ve been hurt in a car accident in the St. Louis area, seek legal help as soon as possible so you can recover damages for your losses.
Here’s how Langdon & Emison can help.
You can pursue monetary compensation to cover several types of damages after being hurt in a St. Louis car accident. Langdon & Emison’s experienced St. Louis car accident lawyers can help you file your car accident claim to seek the relief you need.
Our firm works with victims of car accidents and other types of crashes regularly, so we are well-equipped to handle your claim. In fact, we’ve helped thousands of people recover millions of dollars in damages for their injuries.
Let us put our experience, resources, and knowledge to work for you. Call us at (866) 931-2115 to schedule your risk-free case consultation.
We get results for car accident victims.
Our legal team has won more than $750 million in verdicts and settlements for clients over the past 30 years. We handle a wide variety of personal injury and car accident cases. Unlike many other firms, our lawyers have trial experience and are ready to take your case to the courtroom if necessary.
Some of our past car accident victories include:
- $2 million verdict—A truck/auto collision in Missouri resulted in death of the driver. The jury awarded $2 million in Johnson County, Missouri.
- $1 million settlement—Settlement for a man struck by a pizza delivery vehicle that failed to stop at a stop sign. The victim suffered from severe back, collarbone, and shoulder injuries and sustained several broken ribs and a broken neck.
- $4 million judgment—A Tampa, Fla., couple was seriously injured in an auto accident while riding in a St. Louis taxi van. The taxi driver started driving erratically and in the wrong direction through downtown St. Louis. During an attempt to make a left turn without yielding, the driver kept fumbling with a GPS device and collided with an oncoming car. The taxi van was then rear-ended by another driver. Seatbelts were not available to the passengers in the taxi, and the husband and wife suffered life-altering injuries.
- Confidential settlement—A prominent Kansas attorney, Thomas Sullivan, was killed in an auto accident at an intersection in Phoenix. This case resulted in a confidential settlement for the victim’s family.
Car accident victims and their families deserve to be compensated for their losses. Our team has helped countless victims achieve justice through a successful settlement or verdict, let us do the same for you.
Common Damages Recovered in Car Accident Cases
Car accident damages can include a wide array of losses incurred following the crash. No two car accident claims will look exactly the same, so it’s crucial that you speak with a lawyer who can evaluate your damages.
Common car accident damages can include:
- Current and future medical bills
- Physical pain and suffering
- Cost of physical therapy, rehabilitation, and other recovery programs
- Cost of household modifications
- Wrongful death damages in the event of a fatality
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Mental anguish
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of companionship
No amount of money can make up for the losses you’ve suffered following a terrible car accident. However, recovering compensation by filing a car accident claim is the best way to ease the financial stress many victims feel following a crash.
Our car accident lawyers have decades of experience in assessing and estimating the total cost of your damages. You must have an accurate idea of what your losses are worth; let our car accident lawyers evaluate the impact of your damages so you may seek fair compensation.
Our Guarantee to You
Langdon & Emison’s work is guided by one single principle: the client’s needs come first. We guarantee that when a victim in need comes to us, we will:
- Provide a no-obligation case evaluation, free of charge.
- Conduct a thorough evaluation of your injury, losses, and the impact on your life.
- Handle your case with compassion and empathy.
- Investigate the cause of your accident and gather the necessary pieces of evidence to build your case.
- Negotiate with the insurance company on your behalf to reach a settlement value that fully compensates you for your losses.
- Be prepared to take your case to trial if it’s clear that the insurance company will not negotiate in good faith.
Your car accident lawyer should pledge to put your interests above their own. At Langdon & Emison, we take this promise seriously and never fail to prioritize our clients.
Car Accident Cases We Handle
Our lawyers have decades of experience in helping car accident victims and their families recover much-needed compensation in all types of car accident cases, including:
- Motorcycle accidents
- Moped accidents
- Defective auto part accidents
- Commercial truck accidents
- Roadway defects and signage hazards
- Railroad accidents
- Airbag defects
- Inadequate signage accidents
- Accidents involving recreational vehicles and camping trailers
- Defective guardrails
- Highway construction defects and unsafe pavement edge drop-offs
- Child car seat defects
- Defective tires
- Seat belt defects
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone collisions
- Vehicle rollovers
- Pedestrian accidents
If you or your loved one have been involved in a car wreck, it’s critical that you contact an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible. They’ll help you understand your options and can take immediate action to help you get the compensation you need to recover.
St. Louis Car Accidents
St. Louis, MO is a wonderful place to live, work, and visit. However, what many people don’t realize is that Missouri is also ranked as one of the worst states in the country when it comes to fatal car accidents. In fact, according to a 2018 report, St. Louis, MO is ranked as the fifth-deadliest city for drivers.
Additionally, Missouri ranks 12th for deadliest roads in the country due to its wide expanse of urban and rural roads.
The most common causes of car accidents in the St. Louis area include:
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Involvement with an inexperienced driver
- Involvement with an elderly driver
- Involvement with a commercial truck
- Involvement with a motorcycle
- Driving while distracted
- Driving infractions including speeding, failure to yield, failure to stop at stop signs, driving aggressively, and other traffic violations
It’s a tragic fact that many of the serious injuries and deaths that result from car crashes could have been prevented. Oftentimes, the at-fault driver failed to uphold their duty of care to other drivers—resulting in terrible crashes.
Contact an experienced St. Louis car accident lawyer today.
Car accident victims and their families deserve the best help possible when it comes to seeking their rightful compensation. Our firm can handle the auto accident investigation to determine who is responsible for your injuries and losses—whether it’s another driver, a commercial driver, an automaker, or another negligent party.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in an auto accident in the St. Louis area, contact Langdon & Emison today. Our St. Louis car accident lawyers will review your case at no cost and no obligation to you.
Call us at (866) 931-2115. We look forward to speaking with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the statute of limitations for car accident cases in Missouri?
If you or a loved one have suffered in a car accident in the St. Louis area due to another party’s negligence, contact Langdon & Emison. Under Missouri Code §516.120, the statute of limitations to file a lawsuit and seek recovery in a car accident case is five years from the date of the accident.
However, we advise our clients to contact us quickly after a car accident so we can file the claim on their behalf as soon as possible. If you fail to file your lawsuit outside of the five years, it’s unlikely that the court will hear your case at all and you will lose your chance to recover damages needed to cover your injury-related losses.
What does the car crash claim process look like?
This may be the first time you’ve ever been involved in a car accident and it’s understandable that you may feel worried, stressed, or overwhelmed.
One of the most important things to remember following a car accident is that insurance companies are not on your side. At the end of the day, they’re for-profit businesses seeking to maximize their bottom line, which means paying the minimum amount on claims when possible.
Langdon & Emison has extensive experience handling Missouri car accident claims and we’ve helped people recover millions of dollars in damages for their injuries. Here’s an overview of how the claims process works:
- Risk-free case consultation: Meet with one of our experienced car accident lawyers who will learn more about your case, outline your options, and advise you on what steps you can take next.
- Comprehensive car accident investigation: We will thoroughly investigate the cause of your accident to help determine which party needs to be held accountable.
- Calculation of damages: To pursue maximum compensation for your damages, our team will evaluate your losses and their impact on your life.
- Documentation of medical records: Our firm will gather your medical records to help you get the money you need for your recovery.
- Claim submission: Once we have investigated the cause of your accident, we will submit your claim to the insurance company on your behalf.
- Settlement or trial: We will negotiate with the insurance company to ensure you receive the highest possible settlement for your case. If the insurance company refuses to negotiate in good faith, we will take the fight to the courtroom.