Over Three Decades of Defending Clients
A car accident can cause traumatic and life altering injuries, and we at Langdon & Emison promise to represent you effectively and professionally with our experienced and resourceful attorneys who will ensure you get the compensation that you deserve.
Choosing the correct Chicago, IL car accident lawyer could be the difference between getting fair compensation and feeling as if you were cheated. Langdon & Emison will ensure that you are heard, are represented to the fullest, and understand the full limits to your rights in your car accident case.
We’ve been representing car accident victims for more than 30 years, so we know exactly what your Chicago, Illinois car accident case needs. We have been nationally recognized as some of the best in personal injury litigation and have earned our clients almost $1 billion in verdicts and settlements.
Our secret is simple: we treat our clients as people, not cases. We are a team of highly experienced and compassionate attorneys committed to earning you the highest possible compensation for your injuries and damages as a result of a negligent driver or company’s actions. Our practice stretches beyond Chicago, including Cook County, DuPage County, Will County, Kane County, Lake County, and all points in Illinois. Give us a call at 312-855-0700 and we will review your case with no obligation to you.
Our Promise to You
We will fight for you against insurance companies who seek to minimize or erase your pain and injuries.
We will pursue maximum compensation as your Chicago car accident lawyer for your peace of mind and legal rights.
We will investigate all aspects of your potential case to make sure no stone is left unturned as to what was at fault in your wreck.
When life may never be the same, we will be there.
Langdon & Emison Has Earned Millions for Car Accident Victims
As the largest city of the American Midwest, Chicago is a city full of interesting sights, beautiful buildings, and bad drivers. Chicago survived the Great Fire of 1871, rebuilt quickly and continues to thrive with bustling people from all over. While the city has a history of bringing itself from the ashes, its car accident statistics are scary to look at.
Cook County and DuPage County accounted for 57% of all car crashes for Illinois in 2018 according to the 2018 Illinois Crash Facts and Statistics report. Chicago had 183,315 accidents with 282 crashes resulting in a fatality, 36,236 crashes resulting in injuries not permanently incapacitating, and 3,911 resulting in a life altering injury to the victim.
That adds up to over 500 accidents per day in just Chicago. With those odds, it’s only a matter of time before a negligent driver could change your life forever.If the negligence of another driver has left you hurt or resulted in the wrongful death of a loved one, you may seek financial compensation in a lawsuit against the negligent party.
Even when your injuries are minor, a car accident can significantly alter your life. We know that the financial cost of an accident (the car, the medical cost, the lost wages) is only a portion of the cost associated. We will make sure the invisible damages are included as well. Pain, suffering, and emotional damages are covered for current and future lingering issues, as well as restitution for the wrongful death of a loved one.
When it matters, we’ll be there. We have successfully represented dozens of clients in the Illinois area and cover the areas of Cook County, DuPage County, Will County, Kane County, and Lake County. Our system of representation includes a well oiled machine of interrogating those responsible, investigating the situation individually, and practicing with a mixture of expertise and empathy.
We know what it takes to win a lawsuit against negligent parties at court and we have the settlements to prove it.
$4 Million – A couple was seriously injured due to the negligent conditions of a taxi driver and his vehicle. The taxi driver started driving erratically and in the wrong direction while being distracted by a GPS resulting in a collision with a car and then was rear ended by another vehicle. Neither passenger had access to safe seatbelts and both wife and husband suffered life-changing injuries.
$1 Million – Settlement for a victim of a car accident involving a company truck accident. The defendant failed to yield at a stop sign and the collision resulted in the plaintiff being ejected from his vehicle. The plaintiff suffered several serious injuries including; broken neck, back, collarbone, shoulder, and several broken ribs.
$2 Million – Verdict from a truck and automobile collision which resulted in the wrongful death of the driver.
Common Car Accident Injuries
In the event of a traumatic car accident, there are bound to be injuries. And on these busy and dangerous Chicago streets, injuries can be more severe due to negligence of laws and road signs. Langdon & Emison will be sure to collect all the right documents, case files, and medical information to ensure you are justly compensated for your time, injuries, pain and suffering. These are common car accident injuries one may experience during and following a car accident.
- Whiplash – One of the most commonly cited injuries in car accidents, whiplash includes the muscles, tendons and ligaments in the neck being overexerted to the point where they can cause intense neck, head, and shoulder pain.
- Cuts, Scrapes, and Bruises – While most of these types of injuries are simple, they can lead to bigger problems depending on the severity. Issues such as infection and amputation may develop from simple cuts or scrapes.
- Traumatic head injuries – In the event of a car crash, your head may receive a lot of the momentum of the accident, sometimes slamming or hitting it against an object. If the brain or head is damaged, this can lead to serious side effects such as a coma, loss of coordination, or even death. Always treat any head injury as serious and see a doctor fast.
- Broken bones – The impact of a car colliding with another is enough force to break even the strongest bones. Broken bones can be severe or minor, but they are always painful and costly. Make sure any persistent pain is checked and don’t be a tough guy.
- Internal damage – Seatbelt injuries that are very common are soft tissue damage or bleeding from where the lap belt sits near the stomach. While these injuries are not seen at first, they can cause irreparable damage to the body and may lead to death.
- Back and spinal cord injuries – One of the most costly injuries are ones that affect the back and spinal cord. Breaking the back, herniated discs, and straining those important muscles can leave you with partial or full paralysis, loss of mobility, or pain and suffering. Take any back injury seriously and be seen by a doctor immediately.
- Wrongful Death – If your car accident resulted in the death of a loved one due to the negligence of another driver, let Langdon & Emison fight for your rightful compensation. When the death of a loved one happens, several damages can be claimed in your case as a loss of companionship, loss of quality of life, and loss of enjoyment of life. When a loved one is taken soon, we will fight against the insurance company to ensure you won’t pay out of pocket for this life-altering event.
- Mental Trauma – Not all pain is physical or can be fixed physically. Once all healing has been exhausted, severe scarring or disfigurement could affect you in ways that a physical injury doesn’t. Even if your pain is invisible, those responsible are still liable for the severe life change you will inevitably experience. Several damages can be claimed as mental suffering, such as
- Mental Anguish
- Fright, Shock, or Anger
- Permanent disfigurement
When It Matters, We’ll Be There
We have been around for more than three decades, and our list of clients who have received just restitution in their car accident cases only continues to grow. We have four offices in Missouri and Illinois, leaving your Chicago car accident in experienced and resourceful hands whether you are from Cook County, DuPage County, Will County, Kane County, Lake County, or anywhere else in downstate Illinois. Wherever your accident happens in Chicagoland, know that we will fight tirelessly to represent you and earn you the maximum compensation justly deserved due to the negligence of the other driver.
Don’t let an insurance company pull the wool over your eyes by cutting you a check that is far less than what is fair for your injuries, pain and suffering. Let us help.
We will review your Chicago car accident case at no cost to you and with no obligation from you. We only take cases we believe we can win and take on the cost until a settlement is reached. Give us a call at 312-855-0700 and we will review your case at no obligation to you.