Roadway and Signage Hazards
Video: Car Accidents Caused by Defective Roads
Technological and engineering advancements have made automobiles safer than ever before. But, what about the roads on which vehicles travel? How safe are American highways? Not very, according to the D+ grade given to U.S. highway infrastructure in a recent report card.
Every day, motorists unknowingly encounter a range of hazards that put them at serious risk of harm. A few of the issues plaguing U.S. roadways include:
- Defective highway shoulders and unsafe pavement edge drop-offs.
- Defective guardrails.
- Improper highway signage installation and inadequate signage in construction zones.
A Proven Track Record of Success
Langdon & Emison, one of the nation’s pre-eminent law firms, has a proven track record of successfully litigating cases nationwide involving serious injuries and deaths caused by defective roadways. We’ve recovered multiple seven-figure verdicts for clients nationwide in cases involving defective roadways and signage hazards, including but not limited to:
- Northeast Missouri case involving improper highway signage installation.
- Pavement edge drop-off case in Illinois.
- Arizona case involving improper signage in a construction zone.
- Missouri pavement edge drop-off case.
- Emison, Mark. "Signage and Traffic Control Defects in Catastrophic Injury Cases." AIEGVoice.
- Langdon, Bob. “Identifying and litigating a highway shoulder defect case: Practical tips.” Thomson Reuters.
- Langdon, Bob. “Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” Trial. American Association for Justice.
- Graves, Adam. “Off the Edge: Key Steps for Litigating a Highway Shoulder Defect Case.” AIEG Voice. Attorneys Information Exchange Group.
- Emison, Kent and Brett Emison. “Defective Guardrails on America’s Roads.” Trial. American Association for Justice.
- Graves, Adam and David Brose. “Defective Guardrails on our Nation’s Roads.” AIEG Voice. Attorneys Information Exchange Group.
Contact Langdon & Emison
Clients and referring attorneys come to Langdon & Emison because of our deep experience handling roadway defect cases and the results we’ve obtained. For a free case evaluation or to work with us, contact Langdon & Emison at 800-397-4910 or click below.