660-259-9912 | email@example.com
Tricia focuses her practice on mass tort litigation and representing clients in personal injury cases involving product liability, nursing home negligence, and class actions.
In 2017, Tricia joined Langdon & Emison’s mass tort litigation division to support the management of multiple mass tort dockets and continued expansion into new torts. She has nearly 10 years of experience in all aspects of civil litigation, both state and federal, including years of experience in mass tort litigation on a national scale.
Tricia has led efforts to establish multidistrict litigation (MDL), including successfully defending cases against motions to dismiss in the interim of obtaining an MDL. Her litigation experience includes assisting in trying a national mass tort bellwether case and performing key roles during all phases of litigation leading up to trial.
In addition to her substantial litigation experience, Tricia has a strong background in legal research and writing, including composing the brief for a successful Missouri Supreme Court appeal that resulted in the affirmation of the trial court verdict in her client’s favor.
In 2010, she was co-author of the Nursing Home Residents’ Rights chapter for the Missouri Bar’s Elder Law deskbook, and in 2015 she co-authored the chapter supplement. She also co-authored the 2009 chapter supplement on wrongful death settlements in the Missouri Bar’s Litigation Settlements deskbook.
Tricia is a licensed member of the Missouri and Kansas Bar. Since 2013, she has been named a “Rising Star” by Super Lawyers® Missouri & Kansas. She was selected “Best of the Bar” by The Kansas City Business Journal in 2015 and 2016 and was named a Top 40 Under 40 trial lawyer for civil plaintiff practice by The National Trial Lawyers in 2016.
Tricia is a 2008 graduate of the University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law where she was a member of the National Moot Court Team and received the Top Oralist Award in 2006. She graduated cum laude in 2004 with a bachelor’s degree from the University of Missouri-Columbia School of Journalism.
- J.D., University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law
- B.J., University of Missouri-Columbia
- Missouri State Bar
- Kansas State Bar
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Missouri
- U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas
- Co-Author, The Missouri Bar Elder Law Deskbook, Second Edition, 2015, “Nursing Home Residents’ Rights” Chapter Supplement
- Co-Author, The Missouri Bar Elder Law Deskbook, Second Edition, 2010, “Nursing Home Residents’ Rights” Chapter
- Co-Author, The Missouri Bar Litigation Settlements Deskbook, 2009, “Wrongful Death Settlements,” Chapter Supplement
- American Association for Justice
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Association for Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Women En Masse